The Technical Writer/Editor, Jr. will organize and plan technical writing, in the areas of logistic engineering/maintenance and validation/verification activities for Air Force CSTO Programs. Interface with clients on TM and Logistic Engineering issues.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.)
Enforcing quality standards for TM and logistic engineering deliverables and ensuring that a plan is developed and / or followed to meet overall program objectives as defined by the program manager.
Perform initial analysis activities to ensure a thorough understanding of each requirement.
Perform validation and verification of mechanical and diagnostic processes on equipment.
Develop technical manual and training documentation as defined by the Program Manager, contract and/or Military standard.
Consistently meet program and quality objectives for technical data products.
Follow written or provided Technical Writing Development processes.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
• Requires progressively responsible experience in the area of Technical Writing, Logistic Engineering or USAF Technical Orders, preferrably on the CSTO or other Saudi programs.
• Strong communication, leadership, technical writing and logistic engineering skills are essential.
• Must have extended experience in writing aircraft and commodity technical manuals and Time Compliance Technical orders (TCTOs) in compliance with TMCR and military specifications.
• Must have experience with all types of manuals such as S1000D, tagged data, SGML, XML structured and unstructured content, Illustrated parts breakdowns (IPBs), job guides, flight manuals, checklists, et al.
• Must be able to interpret engineering drawings and other data relative to operation maintenance, and service of equipment.
• Must be knowledgeable of MIL-PRF-83495 OMMS Styles Manuals.
• Must be able to draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence.
• Ability to climb, bend, and otherwise access all areas of Heavy Construction and Military Vehicles.
• Ability to maintain 3 points of contact while climbing on equipment.
• Ability to support projects with minimal supervision.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to work independently and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Dependable attendance.
• Must have manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard and standard office equipment.
• Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week if necessary.
• Ability to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time (up to 10 hours a day with lunch and breaks).
• Must be able to withstand repetitive motion up to 10 hours a day with lunch and breaks.
• U.S. Citizen or U.S. Person status.
Office Location and Travel:
This position is located in Warner-Robins, GA.
Up to 25% travel may be required.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please **** to request accommodations.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a combined office and shop position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand, walk, sit; frequent bending, stooping and climbing; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs independently and lift up to 75 lbs with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the abili
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Warner Robins. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process