McGraw-Hill is hiring a Senior Editor who will ensure continued growth of the Internal Medicine and primary Care lists through print content acquisitions. The Senior Editor, while working with the digital team will also contribute to their product roadmaps through internal and external needs analysis. We are looking for a dynamic acquisitions editor who knows how to spot high value print content and the right authors to produce that content.
This position has direct content acquisition responsibility for the industry's premier Internal Medicine and Primary Care book lists, including Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, and other leading titles produce significant global income to MHE, and form the backbone of the AccessMedicine, an annual subscription service approaching $18,000,000 in annual revenues.
Successful Candidates will have the following experience:
* Acquire 10-14 new and revised books per year in internal medicine and primary care/family medicine
* Successfully negotiate author contracts, including advances, royalty rates, licensing, etc
* Immediate daily editorial oversight of CMDT, the best selling annual book in internal medicine. Longer term, assumption of responsibility for Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
* Responsibility for an annual front list sales goal
* Working closely with PDE's, the editor will be responsible for working with authors to develop, refine, and finalize manuscripts, making sure that all projects adhere to the high standards of the division
What you'll need to be successful:
* 7 Years experience in editorial acquisitions, content development in Professional Publishing
* 3 Years' experience in managerial and supervisory positions
* Proven experience in digital content development and product management
* Experience in Digital Product Development and roadmap building/execution a plus
* BA/BS degree required
* Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage collaboration across internal departments– product, financial, marketing and operations – and supervise external resource
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!