CoStar Realty Information, Inc
Managing News Editor
CoStar has served as a respected source of news for the fast-paced commercial real estate industry for more than two decades. Our award-winning, industry-focused news informs subscribers and complements CoStars role as the industrys leading source of commercial real estate information and data. Fortune Magazine recently named CoStar Group top 100 fastest growing companies in the world. As a key member of CoStars news team, you will take a leadership role in determining and shaping CoStars news coverage, overseeing the day-to-day activities of the news team and supporting the News Director. Drawing on your extensive journalism background and news management experience, you will administer the day-to-day operations of CoStars news coverage com to our large audience of real estate deal-makers throughout the U.S.
Part editor, part planner, part news-coach, you will juggle multiple duties to ensure CoStar readers benefit from the highest quality news on the commercial real estate market. In this role, you will suggest story ideas and angles, assign articles, keep news production on schedule and answer questions from reporters. The managing editor also plays a key role in determining the importance of articles and what news goes on the front page.
As managing editor, you may also be called on to edit, revise or update news articles and monitor news emails and social media posts related to news articles.
CoStar is expanding our news platform with the addition of several news editor positions and additional resources to take our news service to the next level. This is a great opportunity for experienced and highly-organized copy editors to support CoStars expanding news team based in our Washington, DC headquarters. Previous copy-editing newsroom experience for a daily or weekly business publication is a definite advantage.
- Play a key leadership role in the news room by generating story ideas, planning, assigning and editing news content, ensuring stories are accompanied by appropriate art, overseeing news publishing schedules and editorial calendars; and supervising editorial staff and freelancers.
- Plan and manage daily news operations and set production schedules. Work closely with reporters to respond to any issues that arise and ensure news deadlines are met.
- Coach and supervise news reporters in best practices for news gathering and reporting.
- Collaborate with News Director to determine and prioritize news content and topics.
- The position at times requires working under intense deadline pressure without compromising standards.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A proven manager capable of taking on a leadership role for a news team of highly experienced real estate reporters.
- Strong journalism background with proven writing and news editing skills, exceptional organizational skills and experience managing news reporters.
- Ideal candidates will also be experienced reviewing and copy editing a variety of news styles and formats, from straightforward hard news to profiles of industry leaders and longer, analytic pieces.
- Results oriented - with proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results through self and others while working to deadlines under pressure.
- B2B media experience preferred.
- Excellent headline and photo caption-writing skills, with a command of AP Style and a deep knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Ability to work within a team collaborative environment and manage both up and down management chain.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and social media.
- Masters or Bachelors degree in journalism strongly preferred and several years of relevant news room experience.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: R15374
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ CSGP) is commercial real estates leading provider of information, analytic and marketing services. Founded in 1987, CoStar is the primary provider of websites for commercial real estate information, analytics and marketing services. The company conducts expansive, ongoing research to produce and maintain the largest and most comprehensive database of commercial real estate information. Contact Info
- 777 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017
View Company Profile
Dont miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
CoStar Realty Information, Inc
Website : http://www.costar.com
The world leader for commercial real estate intelligence CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ — CSGP) is commercial real estate's leading provider of information and analytic services. Founded in 1987, CoStar conducts expansive, ongoing research to produce and maintain the largest and most comprehensive database of commercial real estate information. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availabilities.