Position Title: Technical Writer
Position Number: 288009
Location: Des Moines, IA
Desired Skill Set:
HTML, Technical Writer, Training, VISIO
C2C and STEM-OPT are not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Start Date: 05/18/2018
End Date: 09/30/2018
Location: 1000 E Grand, Des Moines, IA 50319
The Trainer/Technical Writer (TTW) develops and maintains user and technical documentation and project process documentation for Application Teams.
• Writes, edits, revises, proofreads, and assembles reports, minutes, briefings, software development life cycle (SDLC) documents, and technical or procedures documents in a matrix team environment.
• Creates and edits graphic images for use in documentation.
• Creates and maintains project plans.
• Experience using desktop publishing software, or the desktop capabilities of word processing software, helpful. Uses desktop capabilities of Microsoft Word or Microsoft Publisher.
• Creates on-line or hypertext help files.
• Prepares documents for Web publication using HTML and HTML editors.
• Plans, designs, and delivers documentation.
• Coordinates and schedules document production.
• May also assist in the design and maintenance of websites for teams.
• Develops and maintains user and technical documentation and project process documentation for Application Teams.
• Understands the user''s view of applications and /or technology and is able to put procedures in a logical sequence.
• The experienced TTW provides expertise on technical concepts of applications and /or user groups and structuring procedures in a logical sequence, due to a broad understanding of the applications.
• Ensures messages and terminology is consistent across all written materials.
• Identifies, creates, revises, and maintains documentation and templates needed by the Application Teams.
• The TTW must be able to work in a team environment and have strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
• Experience developing, writing, editing, and assembling technical publications and procedure documents
• Experience with integrated Windows Office software
• Experience using structured documentation techniques or other industry-wide documentation techniques
• Experience using desktop publishing software, MS Visio
• Experience creating and editing graphic images
• Experience creating and maintaining project plans, if required
• Experience in creating on-line help or hypertext documentation, if required
• Experience in coordinating and scheduling document production
• Experience preparing documents for web publication using HTML and HTML editors, if required
#CBRose# Send me a reminder to complete this application
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)