LOCATION: Vienna, VA
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Aderas is currently seeking a Technical Writer/Editor to support a Department of Defense project. This candidate would be responsible for Quality Assurance of technical documentation, especially contract deliverables, including program plans, engineering documents, monthly reports, and other project-related documentation. The candidate would receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. The Technical Writer/Editors work is reviewed by management to measure meeting objectives. This candidate would administer company policies that directly affect subordinate employees, recommend changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelors degree and 4years related experience.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
* Checking drafts for format, clarity and overall cohesiveness.
* Ensuring documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhering to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format style.
* Interface with technical writers, Configuration and Data Management, and other project personnel in coordinating/preparing the edited draft.
* Reviewing rough drafts and making suggestions.
* Defining, or helping to define: standard settings for spell-checking on the program, a program style guide, checklists for various types of documents, and a common error list
* Editing contract deliverables for factual accuracy, completeness, of the document, compliance with standards, and style and comprehensibility
* Facilitating document reviews with technical writers, Configuration and Data Management, and Program Management
* Proof-reading contract deliverables before final delivery for spelling, grammar terminology
* Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires identifiable factors. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Works under limited direction. Normally receives little to no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
(It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employees job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
* Requires 3 years experience in editorial or technical writing experience in a Defense-contracting environment, of which at least 1 year is in IT documentation
* Exceptional technical communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to use plain English
* Strong command of English grammar and punctuation
* Ability to translate technical information into simpler terms for non-technical audiences
* Ability to manage multiple writing/editing assignments under tight deadlines
* Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
* Ability to work alone and as part of a team
* Experience in cross-functional settings, especially an Integrated Product Team environment
* Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
* Experience working in a company operating under an ISO 9001 or similar Quality System.
* Experience with SharePoint document management
* Experience with electronic health records systems
CLEARANCE/CITIZENSHIP: Ability to obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance/U.S Citizenship
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?